Steel pipe, tube mills have mixed ’12 outlook
Nov 15, 2011 | 05:22 PM
| Michael Cowden
TORONTO Steel pipe and tube prices have continued to follow a split path, with energy tubulars generally recording gains while non-energy pipe and tube tags continue to suffer.
In non-energy products, the exception continued to be specialty items, such as cold-drawn seamless mechanical tubing, which have maintained solid prices and long lead times thanks to steady demand from the industrial and heavy equipment markets and limited capacity, according to buyer sources.
On the energy side, while commodity-grade line pipe and oil country tubular goods (OCTG) may have experienced small price moves up or down, alloy material continued its upward price trend as strong demand from shale plays continued to drive drilling activity.
About 60 percent of respondents to a recent Perspectives survey said they expect prices to remain neutral or even trend downward in the coming weeks and months, while the remaining 40 percent said they expect prices to move up.....
To access AMM's full content, please log in below. If you do not have an AMM account, we invite you to take a free trial or subscribe below.
Already a registered amm.com user?
Access to amm.com editorial content is granted only to paid subscribers and trialists. If you do not have an active account in your own name, please either subscribe or take a trial and you will have instant access to amm.com content. Sharing your login credentials with individuals who are not subscribers represents a violation of AMM copyright.
Every morning, every minute no matter how often you follow the markets, there's an AMM subscription to fit your needs.
Not sure if you are ready to invest in a subscription right now? Take a free, no-obligation trial. Start your free trial today.