Ferrochrome usage rises in May vs. April

Aug 13, 2014 | 03:50 PM | Daniel Fitzgerald

Tags  ferrochrome consumption, high-carbon ferrochrome, low-carbon ferrochrome, stainless steel, U.S. Geological Survey, USGS, Daniel Fitzgerald

NEW YORK — U.S. high-carbon and low-carbon ferrochrome consumption trended up in May compared with April, with year-to-date consumption also showing further improvement from a year earlier, U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) data show.

In terms of product, high-carbon ferrochrome consumption totaled 32,000 tonnes in May, up 1.3 percent from 31,600 tonnes the previous month and up 0.6 percent from 31,800 tonnes a year earlier. Year-to-date consumption totaled 158,000 tonnes, up 1.9 percent from 155,000 tonnes in the first five months....





Latest Pricing Trends

Poll

Are you stocking more inventory today than 18 months ago?

Yes
No


View previous results