In 2012, American Metal Market will host its first event focused entirely on the galvanized and coated steel industry in Dearborn, Michigan.
The 1st annual Galvanized & Coated Steel Conference will feature the industry’s most intuitive experts and leaders compiling a top-level forum for discussion and debate about the industry trends affecting you and the market the most. Trends in production and use in the North American and global markets will be presented, while producers of galvanized and coated steels will hear directly from end-users giving them valuable insight on the most desired products and requirements from their customer base.
The event will be held in conjunction with the 5th Automotive Metals Conference being held in the same hotel at the conclusion of the galvanized event. Special delegate packages for both conferences will are available.
Sergei Kuznetsov, Chief Executive Officer, Severstal North America
Christopher Kristock, VP Quality and Product Development, Severstal North America
AUTOMOTIVE END-USER SPOTLIGHT:
The future direction of high strength steels in the automotive industry and the potential impact on coatings
Shawn M. Morgans, Technical Leader & Global Core Manager, Ford Motor Company
Featured Tour - Limited to the first 50 reservations
David Anderson, Director - Automotive Market, Steel Market Development Institute
John Anton, Director - Steel Insights, IHS-Global Insights
Ronald Beck, Vice President, Products & Customer Service, NLMK-US
Amy Bennett, Principal Consultant, Metal Bulletin Research
Randall Brent, Director Product Management, PPG Industrial Coatings
Frank Goodwin, Director Technology & Market Development, International Zinc Association
Thomas C. Graham, Founding Member, TC Graham Associates
Thomas M. Marchak, Vice President, Commercial, Severstal North America, Inc.
Andre Marshall, President, Crunch Risk LLC
Dr. Phil Phillips, Managing Director, Chemark Consulting Group
Russell Price, Senior Economist, Amerprice Financial
Jerry Richardson, General Manager, CSN, LLC
Lisa Reisman, Managing Director/Editor, Metal Miner
Paul Traub, Business Economist, Federal Reserve
Jeff Widenor, VP Marketing & Planning, Precoat Metals
Robert Wills, Jr., VP - Construction Market, Steel Market Development Institute
The event will conclude with a first look at Severstal’s New Hot Dip Galvanizing Line (HDGL) located at their Dearborn Plant, strategically located close to major North American automotive customers.
TopicsStrategies for Increasing Efficiency & Reducing Costs
Market Outlook Panel
- Global economic outlook - as the U.S. recovers, Europe remains uncertain.
- Short and long term outlook of the industry – how will it impact your business strategy?
- Examination of the key sectors - where is demand heading and how will the industry respond?
END-USER SPOTLIGHT: Automotive
- The future direction of high strength steels in automotive and the potential impact on coatings
- How to Meet Requirements of Auto Makers
- Outlook of the global flat rolled steel market, with a focus on NAFTA
- Zinc – where are prices heading?
- A look at coatings/paint – do they offer price or product advantages?
- Hedging and risk management solutions – what tools are available for producers?
Supply Chain Dynamics
- Integrated mills – what does the future hold?
- Independent galvanizers& coaters outlook
- The changing roles and challenges of service centers in galvanized and coated steels
END-USER SPOTLIGHT: Construction & Agriculture
As the U.S. economy sees signs of recovery, will demand from the building sector show the same? Where and when can the industry find growth opportunities in the construction sector?
END-USER SPOTLIGHT: Appliances
Consumers want the look of state-of-the art appliances in their homes today. What steel is needed to meet these consumer demands and how are new coatings creating the products of the future.
Case studies of the newest projects that are moving the industry forward in technology
STAY ON and join AMM for our 5th Automotive Metals Conference being held at the Henry Hotel on May 2-3. Package Rates are available!