Metal Bulletin Group provides over 2,000 metals and minerals prices including key industry benchmarks, with extensive historical data. For your convenience we offer a number of ways you can access this data.
What is a data license?
A data license is an agreement authorizing the supply of our price data for your internal business use. This ensures compliance with our terms and conditions at all times, as well as improving ease and efficiency of use through the data delivery systems we provide.
Who is it for?
A data license is required if you wish to do the following:
- Share our price data a data license permits the extraction of our price data and redistribution to colleagues directly or via your company system.
- Trade using our price data a data license permits the use of our price data for trading of physical and financial contracts where the data is the underlying reference.
- Reference our price data a data licensee permits the use of our price data for valuation, pricing activities or as a reference in transactions.
Examples of referencing our price data (but not limited to):
- Physical supply or sales contracts
- Bi-lateral OTC contracts, valuations of funds, holdings, inventories
- Forward curves
Derived data a data license is also required for the creation and use of information derived from our price data. Examples of derived data activities include (but not limited to):
- Indices, forward curves, spread bets, swaps, swaptions
- Exchange Traded Products (including futures, forwards, options, ETFs, ETCs, ETNs)
- Contracts for Difference (CFDs)
- Any other analysis, calculations, costs or premiums created from our data
Why do I need a data license?
Our price data represents the most important part of our service offering. We want to make the process of using our price data more transparent so you can be at ease, knowing you and your organization are following all compliance procedures. In response to the growing adoption of our price data by companies in the metals value chain, we offer data licenses as the solution to receive and use our prices for key functions in sales and trading, as well as, mid and back office operations that also interact with price data. Click the button below to signup to speak with an account representative about getting a data license.
Accessing our data
Data Feeds Access, integrate and manipulate price data with any software. Our feeds can be integrated into your companys internal systems, making data consumption, analysis and charting seamless. See Data Price Feeds
Excel add-in (coming soon) This tool enables you to download price data directly into Excel allowing the embedding of data into calculations, models and workflows.
American Metal Market Online -- Access over 1,500 metal prices using our proprietary pricing tool online. Depending on the package you choose, the search, chart, download and analyze historical features
Metal Bulletin Online Online access to price data, charting tools and market analysis, depending on the package you choose. Available on www.metalbulletin.com
Third party delivery We have partnered with leading data providers, including, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Morningstar, DataGenic and FactSet to facilitate distribution.
How much does it cost?
Data license costs vary depending on the solution that suits your needs.
For existing data license queries or for information regarding a new data license please email email@example.com or call 1-877-638-2856