Welcome to the AMM Resource Center
where you'll find a collection of valuable information and multi-media content provided both by AMM and contributing partners.
This section of amm.com
is intended to be an informative resource for industry participants so you do not have to be a subscriber to view this content. We may ask you for some contact details where content is sponsored, but you are under no obligation to purchase anything once you have submitted your details and data protection rules will apply.
If you would like to submit a video, case study, white paper, webcast, podcast or any other form of content, please contact Mary Connors at 646-274-6250 or email@example.com.
In this video, Andrew Callaghan discusses the enterprise technology options available for the metals industry. Due to the unique differences between metals businesses and other manufacturers, the commonly used generic, niche, and legacy enterprise technology systems are often inadequate. Andrew discusses an alternative to these systems, one that is designed specifically for metals businesses but leverages the robust functionality that Microsoft Dynamics AX has to offer.
Sergei Kuznetsov of Severstal North American speaks on:
- How mills are adjusting to difficult market conditions
- What mills are doing to control costs for their customers
Hear Chris Kristock, Ron Hughes & Ron Radzilowski, Advanced Engineering & Metallurgical Leadership, Severstal North America discuss:
- Is metallurgical expertise making the industry better today?
- What are the key mill quality improvement initiatives?
Hear Tom Marchak, Vice President, Commercial, Severstal North America discuss:
- Is steel a commodity?
- What makes a mill unique?
- Where can a mill add value?
Hear Charlie Furman, Director, Employee Training & Development, Severstal North America discuss:
- How the role of today's steel worker has evolved
- How steel companies are developing this new type of employee
- The benefits to steel customers
Hear Mark Yost, Chief Financial Officer, Severstal North America discuss:
- If globalization is good for steel producers
- What value globalization has to steel consumers
- How globalization impacts capacity in North America