660 executives from the steel industry converged on New York City in June 2015 to celebrate 30 years of Steel Success Strategies. Highlight speakers included Lourenco Goncalves, Chairman, President & CEO, Cliffs Natural Resources Inc. and John J. Ferriola, Chairman & CEO, Nucor Corporation.
Some of the topics covered:
• Automotive panel– how will the steel versus aluminum debate evolve?
• The future of the North American Steel industry
• International focus – how is the global industry faring?
• A slowdown in the Chinese economy and the implications this has for the US steel industry
• Raw materials: Iron ore, DRI and Scrap
Steel Success Strategies XXIX:
Watch the video from this year's event to see why delegates find Steel Success Strategies such an important event to attend and what you can expect to gain by joining us this year in New York:
Watch the video above and find out why these following delegates attended and the value they see in being at the conference:
- Ronald E. Ashburn, Association for Iron & Steel Technology
- Ron Greco, Aptean
- Dale Guidry, TMEIC Corporation
- David Paratore, The NanoSteel Company
- John Malone, NIPSCO
- John Lichtenstein, Accenture
- Carole D'Aoust-Martin, CN
- Mark J. Richardson, Simpson, Spence & Young Futures
- Philippe Blostein, Air Liquide
Why do you attend? Lakshmi Mittal, Chairman and CEO of ArcelorMittal, says it's "a great congregation of people in the industry".
NanoSteel - Automotive Sheet Steel Overview
Bringing unprecedented performance to the world’s most trusted material, NanoSteel is an advanced materials company specializing in the design and commercialization of new proprietary grades of advanced high strength sheet steels for vehicle lightweighting.
SSSNYC 2015 White Paper: Aluminum vs. Steel: Metal Bulletin Research downgrades aluminum's penetration into the global car market.
Steel versus aluminum continues to be one of the most important issues which the US steel industry faces. Has the aluminum industry been too bullish on the extent to which auto-body steel can be replaced? Metal Bulletin Research look at the debate so far and their outlook for how the use of aluminum will evolve.
SSSNYC 2014 Q&A: US Steel 'Renaissance' Gains Momentum: Will steel demand and a US energy advantage fuel growth in the North American steel industry? How will the battle between steel and aluminum play out? Hear from our speakers:
- Grand Steel's Jim Barnett
- AK Steel's James Wainscott
- Severstal NA's Saikat Dey
- NanoSteel's David Paratore
Infographic SSSNYC 2014: Will Steel in the US Succeed or Survive? View the results of our pre-event survey and the opportunities and threats in the steel industry.
Infographic SSSNYC 2014: China's Steel Scrap Impact China will have a major impact on US steel scrap exports, according to the survey.
Survey SSSNYC 2014: Legislation must 'stop the flow of imported steel' Could new steel legislation from Washington help - or hinder - the industry?
· Steel mills
· Steel and raw material traders
· Iron ore producers
· Technology providers
· Logistics companies
· Analysts and consultants
· Automotive and consumer goods manufacturers
· Construction companies
· Scrap suppliers
· Banks and financiers
· Exchanges and clearing houses