Metal Bulletin Events and SMR’s 9th Asian Stainless Steel Conference has established itself as the undisputed No. 1 pan-Asia stainless steel event.
Delegates can expect to hear presentations from the top-ranking decision makers who will shape the structure in the industry in the years to come. Building on the success of previous years, over 250 delegates are expected to attend again this year, giving delegates the chance to meet and network with the entire supply chain – from raw materials to end users – in the region and internationally.
Key questions to be answered:
· Will the government act against the overcapacity in the stainless steel industry?
· State owned versus Private mills – will we see privatizations in China?
· How will the Chinese production costs (energy, labor, currency, environmental, etc.) develop in the near term?
· How will the price gap – Chinese vs. World – develop in 2014?
· Will the government focus move from basic industries (like steel) to downstream value add products and innovation?
· Will the government act against nickel pig iron as a polluting product?
· After dumping duties in Taiwan, Thailand and Vietnam: Will Asia become the most protectionist market in the world?
· When will the industry consolidation in Asia begin?
· China exports 2,5 mill t of stainless steel and products approx. 3 mill t of stainless steel today which is more than 1/3 of the production. When and where will these volumes peak?
A high ranking circle of Chinese and Asian speakers from stainless steel mills, their raw material suppliers, distributors and fabricators will discuss these and other relevant issues in a two day conference that offers unrivalled networking- and discussion platforms