The 20th International Bauxite & Alumina Conference once again provided a one-stop shop for the bauxite and alumina and highlighted the plethora of challenges and opportunities ahead for the industry
Topics discussed included:
· Global trends affecting the bauxite and alumina industry - does the industry still stand on strong fundamentals?
· Outlook on aluminium demand worldwide - did the recent capacity shutdown really affect the raw materials market or was it only a correction?
· Indonesian bauxite export ban - will 2014 really be a breakout year?
· Challenges in estimating the commercial value of bauxite in the expanding market
· Outlook on the domestic Chinese bauxite & alumina industry- will the industry deliver on alternative sources of alumina in time?
· Developments in the proppants production - can bauxite find its firm place in this market?
· Global refractory markets - do bauxite and alumina based materials still keep their firm place?
· Producers · Non metallurgical grade consumers traders · Equipment and consultancy providers · Miners · Aluminium smelters · Shipping & logistics personnelComments from delegates that regularly attend:” Well balanced view on the developments in alumina and bauxite”Rene Bouwman, Purchasing Manager - Feralco “Excellent place to share news on bauxite and alumina” Nestor Quintero, Quality Manager - Cemex Research Group
” Event has provided a good source of information on what is happening in the industry”Coy Roache, Managing Director - Batco
“Good opportunity to have insight on the market”Yamoussa Bangoura, Techincal Advisor - Ministry of Mines and Geology - Guinea
“The conference provides a good mix of commercial and technical papers and an excellent networking opportunity”
Quentin Avery, FLSmidth
“ Metal Bulletin Bauxite& Alumina conference is a top quality event focussed on economy, business and market conditions associated with bauxite and alumina”Frank Feret, CEO - ICSOBA
We look forward to welcoming you to next years conference.