Join the networking hub of the bauxite and alumina industry >>Register here
This year the 22nd Bauxite & Alumina Conference returns to the popular location of Miami from February 29 until March 2.
NEW!: A Metal Bulletin Index workshop - An introduction to the MB indices
- What are the current alumina market trends and fundamentals?
- How can the MB Alumina Index help with Alumina pricing?
- Looking at the Atlantic premium/discount and bauxite pricing
The workshop will open the conference on Monday, February 29, at 5pm. Following this, all registrants are invited to a welcome drinks reception.
Metal Bulletin Events' Bauxite & Alumina will continue as the largest international conference in the industry.
This conference is a key event for individuals interested in these two important materials and continues to attract new and loyal delegates each year.
See the full list of topics, speakers and 2015 conference attendee breakdown in the conference program.
Ahead of the Bauxite & Alumina Conference beginning later this month, Yang Cao, Senior Analyst for Metal Bulletin Research, has produced an Alumina Outlook report for 2016.
Examine the 2016 Alumina Outlook free of charge and inspect the forecast for 2016.
"As expected, another good conference by Metal Bulletin in the bauxite and alumina space"
- Kamal Prakash, AlCircle PPE Ltd
Last year witnessed a spike in attendance as the market rallied to hear about new and established regions of bauxite production that looked set to fill the void left by the Indonesian export ban.
With Malaysia unexpectedly stepping up to the plate, the market is being disrupted again. And with alumina being squeezed by low aluminium prices there will be much to discuss at this years’ forum once again.
"Absolutely fantastic event. Very focused to bauxite & alumina related issues"
- Manas Agarwal, Jaguar Overseas
Topics of discussion will include:
- The global economic outlook and its impact on the industry
- China: What is happening on the ground?
- Pricing trends for global bauxite and alumina
- Project updates from around the globe, including Malaysia and Iran
- Alumina capacity: What lies ahead?
- Aluminium markets under pressure: the impact on alumina
- Indonesia: What, where and when?
- Freight and logistics buying patterns
- Achieving sustainability and innovations in red mud
- Non-met pricing pressures, alumina and refractories
The non-met use of bauxite and alumina also had even greater coverage than previous years as various end user needs in this space evolve into exciting offerings and this will remain a key part of the conference again this year.
Register now to enjoy one of the most important gatherings for discussion, debate and networking in this industry.
"Best platform to meet all important people in the alumina business"
- Johannes Heckmann, Nabaltec AG
"Excellent gathering of industry players"
- Chris Young, Noranda Aluminum