In conjunction with China Minmetals Corporation, Metal Bulletin Events is pleased to announce that its China Iron Ore 2016 Conference will be held from 1-3 March 2016 at Grand Millennium Hotel in Beijing.
The world of commodities – and particularly the iron ore sector - is facing enormous pressure. Prices are falling and demand is slowing. Business is tough for everyone along the supply chain.
Amongst the many challenges facing industry professionals, the overarching question remains ‘what does the industry need to do, and what do WE need to do to get through this’. Solutions are not always apparent, and answers can’t always be found in the press. The most effective way to develop a long-term strategy for your business, is to meet with others in the industry, discover first-hand what is happening not only in China (the driver of demand) but also globally, and increase your network of contacts to manoeuver your business to be in the strongest possible position when we emerge from this downturn.
As the industry goes through critical changes, so too will the format for China Iron Ore 2016. As well as plenary sessions and the latest economic forecasts, we’ll be providing interactive, content-focused and solution-driven roundtable discussions, breakouts and workshops throughout the conference to allow you to customize your own agenda, and have more facetime with industry speakers that are important to YOUR business. These roundtables will cover upstream, downstream, regional supply, local, regional and global demand and much more.
Plenary sessions will also cover:
- How much of new supply will come into the stream in 2016-2018? Will the smaller miners survive the challenging market?
- How much of iron ore production will be re-started from India? Will India resume its iron ore exports?
- Latest on steel mills’ purchasing trends and strategies
- What are the expectations from the industry users towards the exchanges on their current available products for effective price risk management?
- The current index pricing mechanism - any room for improvement for index providers?
What’s the most critical issue facing your business that you would like to hear discussed? Email email@example.com with your suggestions and we’ll see if we can incorporate these into the event.
Who should attend?
- Iron ore miners
- Steel mills
- Brokers/exchanges/commercial and investment banking
- Mining analysts & inspectors
- Legal consultants
- Technology consultants
- Shipping & Ports
"It was a very informative event with good information about market trends and a great opportunity to network and develop business."
- Evgenion Mamede, Zamin Resources
"A very well organized event having a good mix of speakers from policy makers, corporates and alike."
- Rajan Kumar, NMDC Ltd
Watch below to see what Raju Daswani, Managing Director, Metal Bulletin and other industry experts had to say about the market in 2015 when they were interviewed by CCTV News during the China Iron Ore 2015 Conference.