In its inaugural year, the event brought together over 250 leaders from the industry to Houston. In 2009, AMM Events’ has assembled another top-notch event for the Steel Tube & Pipe Sector that will give answers to what is ahead for the world steel tube and pipe markets and its consumers as the extreme downturn in 2008 leaves many questions in its wake.
Industry leaders from the energy and non-energy pipe and tube markets will examine market
conditions and impacts that will shape 2009 and beyond.
Focus on Raw Materials and the Economy:
- An update and outlook on raw material costs and their impact on tube and pipe.
- How will the changes in the new administration impact the tube and pipe industry?
- An outlook of the global economy and what is ahead for 2009.
Focus on Standard, Mechanical & Structural Tube:
- How has the hard-hit auto sector impacted mechanical tubers and what is next for those impacted?
- Nonresidential construction and capital good have also weakened demand for mechanical tubing.
- What can companies do to combat these downward trends?
- What is the impact on the consumer?
- How are distributors coping with the current market downturn and what trends do they see for 2009?
- Service center and distributor view of the structural tube market and its impact.
Focus on Line Pipe & OCTG:
- What impact does tumbling oil and gas prices have on the OCTG markets?
- What effect will currency have on tubular goods and what trade issues remain at the forefront of the market?
- An update on the rig count and a look at energy pricing will also be featured.
- Update on exploration pipe line projects and how the credit crisis is impacting expansion plans.
The two-day event will feature an unrivalled speaker panel, including:
KEYNOTE SPEAKER:Piotr Galitzine, Chairman of the Board of Directors, TMK IPSCO
CONFIRMED SPEAKERS:John Anton, Principal Steel Service, Global InsightDavid Britten, President, SSAB North America Inc.
Mike Evans, Vice President - Steel Sales, Maurice Pincoffs Co.
Peter Koenig, Counsel, Miller & Chevalier
Lynn Lupori-Gray, Senior Consultant, Hatch Beddows Consulting
Gerald Merfish, Executive Manager, Merfish Pipe & Supply
Matthew Nolan, Partner, Arent Fox
Rick Preckel, Co-President, Preston Publishing
Roger B. Schagrin, President, Schagrin Associates
Tony Taccone, Partner, First River Consulting
Paul Vivian, Co-President, Preston Publishing
PANEL LEADERS:George Adams, Manager-Materials Management, BP
Peter Brebach, Owner and President, Iron Angels of Colorado, Inc.
Don Karchmer, Chairman, International Pipe & Supply, LLC
REGISTER TODAY & SAVE
Register online at http://amm.com/events/2009/tube+and+pipe/ Or call + 212.224.3577