Key questions for discussion:
- Is the stainless steel industry regaining control over its own fate?
- Will consolidation bring more discipline throughout the supply chain?
- Will profitability rise even in a difficult market environment?
- Can the new market leader Outokumpu reform the pricing system?
- What is a realistic outlook for main market segments including process equipment, automotive, building and construction, architecture?
- Where will the winds blow in 2013 for sheet, plate, tube and bars?
- The big picture: What is ahead for Europe? What is ahead for China?
Background to this years summit:
After a decade in which China has almost single-handedly re-shaped the global stainless steel industry, all other stainless steel producers have finally received their wakeup calls. The European, U.S. and Asian (outside China) industry has no choice but to right-size itself to balance regional demand with supply in order to return to sustainable profitability.
This year's conference in Stockholm will be held at a time when the first steps towards a healthier industry are being made. But this is only the beginning and the 11th Summit will provide the opportunity to discuss various future scenarios and their consequences with the top executives from around the globe.
Veteran speakers will discuss future trends in the most important end use sectors, including process industries, consumer durables, building and construction and the transport industry in order to get the best possible picture for the stainless and alloy steel demand for the year ahead.
Seperate sessions will cover nickel, chrome and molybdenum projects that are planned to be commissioned in 2012 and 2013, Tool and engineering steels and presentations which examine the pivotal role of stainless steel scrap and its availability. A dedicated ‘Technology Module’ will present an outlook for innovative future solutions in melting, refining, rolling and finishing (e.g. ESR, VAR) that will enhance productivity, yields and quality in stainless and special steel products.
Attendance by decision makers from the length and breadth of today's international industry will drive the discussions which shape the future industry, providing the year's best platform for forging a path in this dynamic market.