Industrial Minerals Events once again hosted the Oilfield Minerals Outlook in Houston in June 2014.
In its 3rd year this event has been established as the leading conference in its field, and brought together industrial minerals producers and the oil and gas businesses that use their products.
This conference offered a unique forum for discussing the production, processing and logistics relevant to oil field minerals and highlights why these materials are an essential part of the framework that supports the oil and gas markets. Delegates had the opportunity to network at the drinks reception and lunches, while also managing to watch the World Cup!
What people learnt:
- Heard from market leaders about where the oil field minerals market is heading over the next few years
- Discovered the cutting edge technology being applied in new proppant techniques
- Heard about the planned diversification of economies in the middle east, and what this will mean for oil field mineral demand
- Engaged in the debate surrounding the use of unconventional drilling methods and their potential benefits to the US economy
- Learnt about how oil mineral suppliers can regain control of their logistics costs
- Reviewed the development in oil and gas production over the past ten years-what kinds of drilling products will these markets demand in 2014 and beyond?
We will be back in Houston in June 2015 and look forward to seeing you there.