The DRI and Mini-mills Conference returns after an extremely successful launch last year. We welcomed over 200 delegates from across the DRI and steel industries last year and covered some of the most important challenges and opportunities facing North American steel makers.
This year we are fusing the event with our 8th Steel Scrap Conference and bringing together the two key raw materials in North American steelmaking.
- Ross Hogan, National Material Trading LLC
“AMM DRI and Mini-mills was an engaging, first-class forum to discuss significant factors that will shape future steel making”
This report contains details on the DRI and steel production statistics in the US and worldwide including:
- DRI Production by Region: From 2011-2013
- Sales Statistics for CDRI and HBI in 2013
- Global and U.S. Production of Steel
Download for free
Key event features:
- One registration to the 2nd DRI & Mini-Mills Conference or the 8th Steel Scrap Conference, allows access to both event streams. This is the only place to hear about the relationship between steel making and two of its key raw materials in the US market.
- 450 expected delegates across the two events
- Delegate Messaging Service to enhance your networking experience and interactio
- Meet the key industry players
The conference will split into separate streams for the second day. The DRI stream will cover:
- How is the DRI industry developing in the US?
- What is the value in use of DRI? How can it influence Mini-mill steel production?
- Shale gas revolution – summary, forecasts and implications for the steel industry
- DRI technology – hot DRI, syn gas and unit size: how is DRI technology evolving?
- What affect will growing DRI capacities have on the metallics balance and Mini-mill feedstock in the US?
- Iron ore – what is the availability of DR grade iron ore? Can domestic iron ore sources cater to the DR grade pellet demand?
- How is pelletizing technology advancing? Global DRI production and merchant HBI trade