Metal Bulletin is bringing the 19th Galvanizing & Coil Coating Conference to the Middle East for the first time as the region gains influence in the galvanized and coated steel market. The city of Abu Dhabi is an excellent location for the two-day event, which provides a forum for industry leaders from throughout the supply chain to discuss important challenges and opportunities which the market is facing.
Overcapacity continues to pose problems for steel mills and service centres around the world. While the construction industries in the Middle East and Asia are picking up pace, end-use industries in Europe and developed nations are still largely stationary and raw material costs may increase to unacceptable levels. There are encouraging signs for steel producers in the battle to be the material of choice in the automotive industry, yet still a threat from other materials remains.
With a focus on galvanized and coated steels, the conference is highly specialized and is the biggest international event of its kind. An expert panel of speakers and a great mix of delegates from every segment of the supply chain provide outstanding educational and networking opportunities, meaning this event is not to be missed.
Benefits of attending: · Hear directly what products are currently desired by end-users
· Network with key players throughout the galvanized and coated steel supply chain
· Learn about the emerging challenges for steel service centres
· Gain early insight into global market trends within the industry
· Discuss the impact of slowdown of economic growth in developing markets
· Discover what new coatings and technologies are attracting interest
Topics to be discussed: · Addressing continued overcapacity in the global market and potential remedies
· Developments in coatings and technologies to meet changing end-user requirements
· Shifting dynamics and an uncertain future for steel service centres
· Protectionist actions and their impact on mills & traders
· Addressing future zinc supply and subsequent pricing movements
· Regional focus – the main opportunities and challenges in developed and developing markets
· Chinese economic policy and its implications for the galvanized & coated steel industry