Industrial Minerals Events is hosting its Graphite & Graphene Conference in Berlin in December 2014. Now in its fourth year, the event has established itself as the flagship event dedicated to the graphite and graphene industry.
Rising demand for the mineral due to advancements in end-user applications, such as Li-ion batteries, has highlighted potential supply issues. Who will fill the void left by the probable decrease in Chinese production for the export market?
Post-conference field trip to Flinders Resources Woxna facility, Sweden
Thursday 11th December
Flinders Resources Ltd. (TSX.V:FDR) is a Toronto Venture Exchange listed resource company that owns 100% of the Woxna Graphite Mine, a unique and strategic European graphite project in central Sweden. The Woxna Mine and processing facility, with a rated capacity of 13,000 tonnes per year of flake graphite, operated from 1996 to 2001, when production was halted due to falling graphite prices. Until this summer, the Woxna Project has been held on care and maintenance. The plant was refurbished and restarted in 2014 with production of graphite commencing in late July 2014 to meet the demands of the European market.
08:30 Bus leaves Stockholm Arlanda Airport Hotel
12:00 Welcome from Blair Way, CEO of Flinders Resources
13:15 Tour of processing facility with Q&A session
19:00 Bus will arrive back at Stockholm Arlanda Airport
Delegates must ensure they arrive at the departure point by 08:00 on Thursday 11th December
Places are limited so early booking is advised
A booking form will be emailed to you with your conference registration confirmation
This field trip is free of charge
Key event features:
The hub city of Berlin is an excellent location for the event, which provides a forum for industry leaders from throughout the supply chain to discuss important challenges and opportunities that the market is facing.
The two-day conference covers both the natural and synthetic graphite markets, as well as valuable insight into graphene research and development. An expert panel of speakers and a great mix of delegates from every segment of the supply chain provide outstanding educational and networking opportunities, meaning this event is not to be missed.
Topics to be discussed:
· Consolidation in China and its implications for natural graphite supply
· Developments in end-user applications and the associated change in demand
· Pricing insight amid dynamic market conditions
· The future of the amorphous market
· Challenges and opportunities for junior miners to acquire funding
· Graphene R&D advancements – are we any closer to finding a ‘killer application’?
Reasons to attend:
· Gain early insight into natural and synthetic graphite pricing and market trends
· Network with key players throughout the natural and synthetic graphite supply chain
· Discuss the impact of Chinese governmental policy on the graphite industry
· Discover what new applications are going to create most demand in years to come
· Learn how junior miners can overcome challenges in sourcing financial backing
· Hear from industry experts about breakthroughs in potential graphene applications