Another MagMin Conference. Another ideal networking occasion to meet clients, competitors and partners. Athens will play host to the stage where experts will discuss and debate the most important issues in the magnesium compounds industry. Day one of the conference consists of a field trip to visit Terna Mag's re-opened mine in Euboea; an experience not to be missed. Days two and three will give you all the tools you need to know to navigate in the MgO industry this year.
Topics to be discussed:
- Global refractory industry issues; steelmaking capacity, average real unit consumption of refractory products
- Logistics costs and difficulties
- Consolidation, vertical integration and profit margins
- Fused magnesia capacity, power costs and viable new sources of supply
- Caustic calcined magnesia - must it be treated as a specialty chemical?
- New and innovative end uses for CCM
- Flame retardants, agricultural and environmental markets for MgO
- The role of China: import, export and quotas
Who should attend:
- Magnesium oxide producers
- Magnesium hydroxide and chloride producers
- Industrial minerals logistics solutions providers
- Inspection companies
- Technology companies
- Sintering plants
- Other refractory materials producers; alumina, graphite, chromite
- Steel mill procurement officers
- Purchasing officers for cement and glass industry
This year, Industrial Minerals Events' MagMin Conference welcomed nearly 200 delegates this year in Budapest in what proved to be another great year.
Watch the MagMin 2014 Video:
Access this video on mobile.