NEW: Loyalty scheme - 10% discount to attend MagMin 2015
If you are a current subscriber to Industrial Minerals magazine or have attended three MagMin Conferences since 2010, you are entitled to a 10% discount to attend MagMin 2015 this year. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim this benefit.
Another MagMin Conference. Another ideal networking occasion to meet clients, competitors and partners. Athens will play host to the stage where experts will discuss and debate the most important issues in the magnesium compounds industry. Day one of the conference consists of a field trip to visit Terna Mag's re-opened mine in Euboea; an experience not to be missed. Days two and three will give you all the tools you need to know to navigate in the Mg compounds industry this year.
Confirmed speakers and topics so far
- Graham Brock, Project Manager & Technical Director, Direct Nickel, Australia
TOPIC: "Direct Nickel's laterite nickel processing technology and optimal characteristics for MgO"
- Representative, Ube Material Industries, Japan
TOPIC: "New products for the expanding environmental markets"
- Richard Flook, Principal, Mosman Resources, Australia
TOPIC: "Magnesia over time: Is metal processing the new growth market?"
*Presented in conjunction with:
Dr Robbie McDonald, Research Team Leader, Mineral Resources Flagship, CSIRO, Australia
Dr Dave Robinson, Research Group Leader, Mineral Resources Flagship, CSIRO, Australia
- Ian Wilson, Consultant, Ian Wilson Consultancy, UK
TOPIC: "Global magnesite resources, production and capacity"
- Albert Li, Analyst, Industrial Minerals, China
TOPIC: "Chinese DBM: Consumption, production and capacity"
- Vasili Nicoletopoulos, Director, Premier Magnesia, USA
TOPIC: "The impact of recent developments in the energy field on magnesia production"
- Jared Lazerson, Director, MGX Minerals, Canada
TOPIC: "Introducing a new magnesite project in British Columbia, Canada"
- Professor Elias Stamboliadis, Mineral Processing Consultant, TernaMag, Greece
TOPIC: "Updates on technological developments at TernaMag's processing facilities"
- Michael Tsoukatos, Director of Development, Grecian Magnesite, Greece
TOPIC: "Outlook for CCM applications: Where might we see the most growth potential?"
- Thomas Drnek, Plant Manager - Breitenau, RHI AG, Austria
TOPIC: "Company profile: How do RHI see themselves and their place in the market"
- Otto Levy, Chief Operating Officer, Magnesita Refratarios SA, Brazil
TOPIC: "Company profile: How has Magnesita's corporate strategy modified in the past year?"
Who should attend
- Magnesium oxide producers
- Magnesium hydroxide and chloride producers
- Industrial minerals logistics solutions providers
- Inspection companies
- Technology companies
- Sintering plants
- Other refractory materials producers; alumina, graphite, chromite
- Steel mill procurement officers
- Purchasing officers for cement and glass industry
Join us for drinks
To kick off MagMin 2015, join us and your hosts Terna Mag for a relaxing evening with stunning views over ancient Athens. Mouth-watering food will be accompanied by refreshing drinks and light
entertainment... be there and be pleasantly surpised:
Watch the MagMin 2014 Video:
Access this video on mobile.