Metal Bulletin Event’s Steel Tube and Pipe Conference is returning to Europe, with Cologne playing host to this crucial industry event. Following the success of last year’s event in the Middle East, the focus of this global event now switches to Europe.
This year has seen the spectre of overcapacity continue in the European pipe market and it is yet too early to see what effects the precipitous plunge in oil price has had (if any) on the OCTG market.
Yet the future is bright for steel tube and pipe, with major pipelines spanning the continent planned in TAP, TANAP and Johan Svendrup and consistent demand from construction, automotive and industrial sources.
Europe continues to lead the way in high quality finished products using state of the art technology and there is exciting new demand emerging worldwide, especially if Iranian sanctions are lifted.
This event will bring together the global steel tube and pipe supply chain to discuss these key issues and more, providing vital insights and the opportunity to forge networks across the international market. It is certainly not one to be missed.
View an industry infographic summarising the consumption of industrial and structural pipes by product and the prices of seamless mechanical tubes
Topics to be discussed:
- European market – an in-depth look
- Overcapacity solution – enhancing the future of the industry
- Trade cases and import taxes – products and exporters being targeted
- Substrates and raw materials – availability and pricing
- Tube making technology – increasing efficiencies and improving products
- OCTG – market update and future demand forecasts
- Automotive – precision pipes, demand, spec and prices
- Construction and industrial – assessing new projects and projecting market requirements
- Global market update - with focus on: US, Russia, CIS, Middle East, Iran