Metal Bulletin Event’s Steel Tube and Pipe Conference returned to Europe, with Cologne playing host to this crucial industry event. Following the success of 2014’s event in the Middle East, this year 60+ delegates from 50+ companies based in 20+ countries came together.
2015 saw the spectre of overcapacity continue in the European pipe market. Yet the future was bright for steel tube and pipe, with major pipelines spanning the continent planned in TAP, TANAP and Johan Svendrup and consistent demand from construction, automotive and industrial sources.
Europe continued to lead the way in high quality finished products using state of the art technology and there was exciting new demand emerging worldwide, especially with Iranian sanctions being lifted.
This event brought together the global steel tube and pipe supply chain to discuss key issues, providing vital insights and the opportunity to forge networks across the international market.
- European market – an in-depth look
- Overcapacity solution – enhancing the future of the industry
- Trade cases and import taxes – products and exporters being targeted
- Substrates and raw materials – availability and pricing
- Tube making technology – increasing efficiencies and improving products
- OCTG – market update and future demand forecasts
- Automotive – precision pipes, demand, spec and prices
- Construction and industrial – assessing new projects and projecting market requirements
- Global market update - with focus on: US, Russia, CIS, Middle East, Iran
View an industry infographic summarising the consumption of industrial and structural pipes by product and the prices of seamless mechanical tubes