The winners of the 10th annual Fastmarkets AMM Awards for Steel Excellence were announced on Tuesday June 18 at the annual dinner held at the JW Marriott Essex House in New York City.
“Our winners, [together with all the finalists], have shown excellence in each of the award categories. It was clear in each case that the beneficiary of their outstanding efforts were their customers across the steel supply chain, ultimately contributing to the vibrancy and sustainability of the global steel industry,” Fastmarkets chief executive officer Raju Daswani said. The winners will be profiled in the July/August issue of Metal Market Magazine.
The Fastmarkets AMM Awards for Steel Excellence is one of the most prestigious and recognizable awards programs for the global steel industry. The program has recognized world-class innovation and excellence in steel and related industries for companies throughout the steel supply chain and by key partners to the industry. Firms that are winners have demonstrated best practices to achieve outstanding results and employ best-in-class practices as measured by global standards.
Also recognized as Industry Advocate of the Year was US Representative Conor Lamb (Democrat, Pennsylvania), who represents the southwestern suburbs of Pittsburgh - home to steel companies and steel industry employees. Lamb is chairman of the Congressional Steel Caucus, which works to strengthen the steel industry and protect steel jobs. He is also a former federal prosecutor and served on active duty in the US Marine Corps from 2009-13. Lamb continues to serve as a major in the US Marine Corps Reserves.
The 2019 Awards for Steel Excellence winners are:
• Best Innovation: Product – TMK Ipsco
• Best Innovation: Process – ArcelorMittal Dofasco
• Best Mergers and Acquisitions – GFG Alliance
• Best Operational Improvements – Outokumpu Americas
• Financial Services Provider of the Year – Bank of America Merrill Lynch
• Legal Services Provider of the Year – Wiley Rein LLP
• Information Technology Provider of the Year – Quintiq
• Steel Producer of the Year – Nucor Corp
• Environmental Responsibility/Stewardship – JSW Steel (USA) Inc
• Scrap Company of the Year – Ferrous Processing & Trading Co
• Tube and Pipe Producer of the Year – Trinity Products LLC
• Service Center of the Year – Reliance Steel & Aluminum Co
• Raw Materials/Consumables Provider of the Year – Ecovery LLC
Nominations for the 11th annual Awards for Steel Excellence will open in October 2019. Participation is open to steel producers, service centers, scrap companies, pipe and tube producers and suppliers of critical materials and services to the steel industry. Click here to register for alerts for the 2020 Awards for Steel Excellence program.