Price notice: Ferro-alloy averages
Jan 19, 2020 | 05:50 PM
New York |
Fastmarkets AMM is proposing to change the way it calculates monthly averages for its ferro-alloy prices in the United States.
Fastmarkets is proposing to calculate monthly ferro-alloys averages using simple rather than rolling averages due to customer feedback and to align US prices with its global ferro-alloys pricing suite, effective from December 10. December would be the first full month to be calculated using a simple average.
Following the monthly average methodology change, Fastmarkets AMM's historical monthly average data will be amended retroactively to represent simple averages rather than the current rolling-average model.
Simple averages use only the price points on the day of an assessment to calculate averages, while rolling averages use daily price points - including non-assessment days. For example, a simple monthly average for November would consist of four price points versus the 21 used for a rolling average. For further explanation of simple and rolling averages, refer to page 5 of Fastmarkets AMM's North American Non-ferrous Metals methodology document.
The following prices will be affected by the change:
To provide feedback on these changes, or if you would like to provide price information by becoming a data submitter to the US ferro-alloys assessments, please contact Christopher Kavanagh at email@example.com. Please add the subject heading: FAO: Christopher Kavanagh re: Ferro-alloy averages.
- Ferro-chrome high carbon 6-8% C, basis 60-65% Cr, max 2% Si, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Ferro-chrome low carbon 0.10% C, 62% Cr min, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Ferro-chrome low carbon 0.15% C, 60% Cr min, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Ferro-chrome low carbon 0.05% C, 65% Cr min, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Ferro-manganese high carbon 78% Mn, standard 7.5% C, in-whs Pittsburgh, $/long ton
- Ferro-manganese medium carbon 80% Mn, max 1.50% C, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Ferro-manganese low carbon 80% Mn, max 0.80% C, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Silico-manganese 65% Mn min, min 16% Si, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Ferro-silicon 75% Si, in-whs Pittsburgh, US cents/lb
- Ferro-molybdenum 65-70% Mo, in-whs Pittsburgh, $/lb
- Molybdenum canned molybdic oxide, in-whs Pittsburgh, $/lb
- Ferro-vanadium 70-80% V, in-whs Pittsburgh, $/lb
- Ferro-titanium 68-72% Ti, ex-whs US, $/lb
- Manganese electrolytic metal 99.7% Mn min, ex-whs US, $/lb
- Chromium alumino-thermic 99% min ex-US warehouse $/lb
- Silicon, ddp US, US cents/lb