We provide over 2,000 metals and minerals prices including key industry benchmarks, with extensive historical data. For your convenience we offer a number of ways you can access this data.
What is a data license?
A data license is an agreement authorizing the supply of our price data for your internal business use. This ensures compliance with our terms and conditions at all times, as well as improving ease and efficiency of use through the data delivery systems we provide.
Who is it for?
A data license is required if you wish to do the following:
- Share our price data a data license permits the extraction of our price data and redistribution to colleagues directly or via your company system.
- Trade using our price data a data license permits the use of our price data for trading of physical and financial contracts where the data is the underlying reference.
- Reference our price data a data licensee permits the use of our price data for valuation, pricing activities or as a reference in transactions.
Read about our example customer, PHD Metals, to better understand who should have a data license.
Examples of referencing our price data (but not limited to):
- Physical supply or sales contracts
- Bi-lateral OTC contracts, valuations of funds, holdings, inventories
- Forward curves
Derived data a data license is also required for the creation and use of information derived from our price data. Learn more about the difference between direct and derived data. Examples of derived data activities include (but not limited to):
- Indices, forward curves, spread bets, swaps, swaptions
- Exchange Traded Products (including futures, forwards, options, ETFs, ETCs, ETNs)
- Contracts for Difference (CFDs)
- Any other analysis, calculations, costs or premiums created from our data
Why do I need a data license?
Our price data represents the most important part of our service offering. We want to make the process of using our price data more transparent so you can be at ease, knowing you and your organization are following all compliance procedures. Read this to be sure you are compliant with our data use policies. In response to the growing adoption of our price data by companies in the metals value chain, we offer data licenses as the solution to receive and use our prices for key functions in sales and trading, as well as, mid and back office operations that also interact with price data. Click the button below to signup to speak with an account representative about getting a data license.
Accessing our data
We offer many data delivery methods, enabling you to access our data in a format that suits your business needs.To find out which solution is for you click here.
Learn about how the data licensing process works by clicking the button below.
For existing data license queries or for information regarding a new data license please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (877) 638-2856