Metal Bulletin Events’ 2nd Molybdenum Market Forum – also one of the official events of CESCO’s Asia Copper Week returns as the warm-up to the main Asia Copper Conference, and will once again gather molybdenum and ferro-molybdenum producers, traders, stainless steel mills and other related bodies from around the globe for an intensive one day event to discuss the opportunities and challenges facing the sector.
Key sessions at the inaugural event focused on new production, expansion and problems facing western suppliers, global supply and demand dynamics, cost curves and price volatility and global and regional perspectives on the steel and stainless steel industries. The 2014 will focus on where we’ve been since November 2013 and the outlook for the sector, as well as details analysis of the hottest topics facing market professionals.
Key event features
- Part as CESCO's Asia Copper Week with its Asia Copper Dinner expect to welcome over 1,500 dinner guests
- Engage in key discussions on the China's potential changes on its resources tax regime and export tax and quotas, as well as other future challenges and opportunities facing the regional and global copper markets
- Network with senior industry experts with 100 top decision makers expected at the forum
Key discussions during the conference
- Latest development on China’s resources taxes regime and changes on export tax & quota - when those new policies will be put into act and how will it influence the industry?
- Molybdenum mining projects and new concentrates supply from China
- Production from primary and by-product mines in Western world
- Molybdenum demand forecasts from China under its economic development climate
- World roasting capacity and ferromolybdenum production to supply the steel sector
- Molybdenum prices development - are prices well supported by real demand or is there an arbitrage window between western and Chinese markets?
- Word economy and stainless steel sector recovery and molybdenum usage
- Chinese vs international market - how international trading and global market balance will change in 2015 and beyond?
Who was there in 2013?
Key companies who attended in 2013
|Baosteel Resources Co Ltd
||BHP Billiton Marketing Asia Pte Ltd|
|Chaoyang Jinda Molybdenum Co Ltd
||China Molybdenum Co Ltd|
|China National Nonferrous Metals Imp & Exp Jiangxi Corp Ltd
||Japan Oil, Gas and Metals National Corporation|
|Jinduicheng Molybdenum Co Ltd
||Jinzhou New China Dragon Moly Co Ltd|
||Minmetals Nonferrous Metals Co Ltd|
|Yichun Luming Mining Co.,Ltd
and many more.
About CESCO and Asia Copper Week
Asia Copper Week is a world class event organised by the Center for Copper and Mining Studies – CESCO - and the Shanghai Futures Exchange. This will be third year of being held in Shanghai, and is scheduled to run from the 18th – 20th November.
The Asia Copper Dinner, the central event of the Asia Copper Week, will be held on the evening of the 20th November. Welcoming over 1500 dinner guests last year from the biggest and most important companies around the world, this year the dinner will once again count on the participation of top executives from mining companies, metal manufacturing companies, investment banks, metal traders, engineering and shipping companies, amongst others, from around the world.
Please refer to http://www.asiacopperweek.com for more detailed information about CESCO Asia Copper Week.